Over time, I've come up with a few useful resources for the Magic: The Gathering community. Previously they were scattered in unlinked, decentralized web pages. Now they're here.
- Hyperlinked Magic: The Gathering Comprehensive Rules
- This is an unofficial copy of the official Magic Comprehensive Rules in HTML with all rule numbers and terms indexed and hyperlinked to each other for easy browsing. All those links make this a pretty big file, so feel free to save it to your computer if you plan to use it often; everything will still work (except perhaps links to other parts of this web site).
- Magic: The Gathering Comprehensive Rules Changes from Set to Set
- With each new set, new rules are needed to support the new mechanics on new cards, so there's a new version of the Magic Comprehensive Rules. The rules updates for each set are also used to refine the wording of existing rules and to improve various parts of the rules so Magic plays better. These pages detail all the changes made to the Comprehensive Rules with each set.
- Magic: The Gathering Oracle Card Reference Zipped Text Files
- Since Wizards of the Coast switched from static text files to Gatherer's dynamically generated pages for the Oracle card reference, there has been some demand for downloadable plain-text files containing Oracle card listings. I have made available the following zipped text files, themselves derived from Gatherer, to meet this demand.
- Magic: The Gathering Oracle Changes from Set to Set
- When cards from a new Magic: The Gathering set are added to the Oracle card reference, several older cards receive errata as well. However, no official announcement is made as to which cards are changed and why. I've compiled the set by set changes to Oracle from Ninth Edition forward, but you'll have to deduce why they were made yourself.
- Magic: The Gathering Creature Type Changes
- Along with rules text changes to support new rules, the creature types of cards are also changed in new printings and Oracle updates. This page lists all cards with at least one printed version whose creature types don't match the card's current creature types. The changes are divided into three sections: significant changes, changes from plural to singular, and changes from "Creature — Legend" to "Legendary Creature".
- DCI Universal Tournament Rules Changes
- The DCI Universal Tournament Rules are updated less frequently than the Comprehensive rules, but they are still worthy of a changes page.
- Magic: The Gathering Floor Rules Changes
- The Magic Floor Rules (for DCI tournament play) also have the honor of a changes page.
- DCI Penalty Guide Changes
- The DCI Penalty Guide joins its brother documents with a changes page of its own.